Spanish digital services and entertainment provider Immfly has partnered with online travel agency and marketplace GetYourGuide to enable passengers to book experiences when they fly, even when their aircraft is not fitted with inflight Internet.
Bookings are validated through Immfly’s digital platform “if the aircraft has inflight connectivity, or alternatively, processed in-flight and a validation email is provided to the customer immediately upon landing with 4G cellular connectivity”, an Immfly spokesman explains to Runway Girl Network.
This solution not only helps flyers engage with their chosen destination, it provides airlines with a new channel to increase ancillary revenues.
Travelers use GetYourGuide to connect with tens of thousands of experiences, “including skip-the-line tickets to the world’s most iconic attractions, walking tours by top local experts, immersive food and beverage tours, cooking and craft classes, bucket-list experiences, and niche offerings you won’t find anywhere else”, says GetYourGuide.
Barcelona-headquartered Immfly counts British Airways parent IAG, Ethiopian Airlines, and Spanish charter operator Evelop among its airline customers for wireless IFE and digital services.
Some of its clients have equipped their aircraft with inflight connectivity, which supports real-time transactions. BA, for instance, has been rolling out Inmarsat’s European Aviation Network (EAN) hybrid air-to-ground/S-band connectivity service on its short- and medium-haul fleet. BA has also been fitting Gogo 2Ku to its long-haul aircraft.
In late 2019, Immfly received a strategic investment from Boeing. The firm boasts that it is one of just four companies outside of the United States to join the Boeing HorizonX portfolio.
Image credited to Immfly
- Canadian upstart OWG to offer wireless IFE via Bluebox
- COVID-19 crisis triggers the need for cost-efficient IFE solutions
- Retail inMotion CCO Jan Blanchard on the evolution of onboard retail
- As in-seat IFE evolves, AERQ presents new proposition
- Op-Ed: Inflight entertainment and connectivity, the day after…
- Mulling the future of seatback IFE given COVID and the Greta effect
- IFEC ready to aid airlines impart new inflight protocols to passengers
- Digital has important role to play in air travel recovery
- Considering PaxEx as studios accelerate home release for some movies
- AirFi on why doing one thing well in IFE is not good enough anymore