ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT), a global broadband services and technology company, announced today it is changing the competitive dynamics within the business aviation market by introducing a new high-speed connectivity system and the most competitive pricing available for business and private jets.
“ViaSat is empowering business jet operators with ever faster onboard connectivity speeds, larger data allowances and the most favorable pricing available,” said Ken Peterman, senior vice president and general manager, ViaSat. “We continue to drive in-flight connectivity to new levels in the business aviation market because we are the only internet service provider that can tap into the most advanced satellite platforms – from ViaSat-1 to ViaSat-3 – to deliver the very best in-flight broadband connectivity and economics available anywhere.”
Introduction of New Onboard Connectivity Shipset
This week at NBAA, booth #4855, ViaSat introduced an enhanced Ka-band shipset, the Global Aero Terminal 5510, which includes ViaSat’s powerful and compact mobile airborne antenna, an integrated modem and an advanced power supply. Available in mid-2017, the Global Aero Terminal 5510 will enable business aviation users to have highest speed internet access across the U.S., Transatlantic and European air routes by connecting to the world’s highest capacity global Ka-band network, supported by ViaSat’s advanced satellite platforms. Key features include:
- Best Performance: Built on more than eight years of Ka-band and Ku-band global performance, ViaSat’s new shipset uses an advanced fourth-generation antenna capable of connecting to the most powerful satellites in the world to deliver the industry’s highest data speeds to the aircraft. The ViaSat business aviation system is capable of delivering more than five times faster service than any other competing business aviation in-flight Wi-Fi system.
- Compact Size: ViaSat’s new antenna requires only one slot in an aircraft radome, whereas competing solutions require two. The compact antenna design enables business jet owners to add or maintain a redundant Ku-band connectivity solution.
- Investment Protection: The new shipset provides a futureproofed solution with forward and backward compatibility across the ViaSat network, from connecting to today’s ViaSat-1 class satellites to ViaSat’s imminent ViaSat-2 and upcoming ViaSat-3 platforms.
Unbeatable Service Plans
In addition to the new connectivity shipset, ViaSat introduced the most competitive Ka-band service plans, giving business jet users access to do more online, whether using high-speed ‘office in the sky’ applications including high definition videoconferencing or streaming movies, music or other entertainment to everyone on board. Key service plan features include:
- Faster Service: Business jet users can experience peak data rates up to 16 Mbps on all plans – faster than any other available service.
- More Available Data: ViaSat offers the most generous data plans with up to 100 GB per month and the highest CIR (Committed Information Rate) in the industry.
- Best Ka-band Satellite Pricing: ViaSat introduced four new service plans – the Ultra30, Ultra40, Ultra60 and Ultra100 plans – offering 30 GB, 40 GB, 60 GB and 100 GB, respectively. These plans range in cost from $6,995 per month to $24,995 per month for new service users.
The new connectivity shipset is available to early access customers beginning calendar year Q2 2017, with full production available in the second half of 2017. All service plans will be available through ViaSat’s Ka-band Value Added Resellers. Plans coincide with the mid-2017 shipset availability, with best available introductory pricing available through 2018.
ViaSat, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) keeps the world connected. As a global broadband services and technology company, ViaSat ensures consumers, businesses, governments and military personnel have communications access – anywhere – whether on the ground or in-flight. The Company’s innovations in designing highest-capacity satellites and secure ground infrastructure and terminal technologies coupled with its international network of managed Wi-Fi hotspots enable ViaSat to deliver a best available network that extends the reach and accessibility of broadband internet service, globally. For more information visit ViaSat at: www.viasat.com, or follow the Company on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to the safe harbors created under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward looking statements include statements about the performance, speed, size, investment protection and availability of the Global Aero Terminal 5510, as well as the corresponding pricing models for the Ultra30, Ultra40, Ultra60 and Ultra100 service plans. Readers are cautioned that actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ include: contractual problems, product defects, manufacturing issues or delays, regulatory issues, technologies not being developed according to anticipated schedules, or that do not perform according to expectations; ViaSat’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits of the ViaSat-1, ViaSat-2 and ViaSat-3 satellite platforms, unexpected expenses or delays related to the satellite systems, the ability to successfully implement ViaSat’s business plan for broadband satellite services on ViaSat’s anticipated timeline or at all, including with respect to the ViaSat-1, ViaSat-2 and ViaSat-3 satellite platforms; and risks associated with the construction, launch and operation of ViaSat’s satellites, including the effect of any anomaly, operational failure or degradation in satellite performance; and increased competition and other factors affecting the business aviation market generally. In addition, please refer to the risk factors contained in ViaSat’s SEC filings available at www.sec.gov, including ViaSat’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. ViaSat undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements for any reason.