Goodbye, 1960s carpet and hot dog stands. Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA), in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield Airports (URW) and Delta Air Lines, is excited to announce an elevated dining and retail experience opening as part of the totally reimagined Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
Featuring a lineup of both celebrity and local brands, the new shopping and dining program will open in phases as part of the new Terminal 3 experience when Delta begins flight operations early next month.
It will include five new eateries from local favorites to celebrity-owned restaurants opening for the first time at LAX including rapper Ludacris and Jackmont Hospitality’s Chicken + Beer, which offers Southern-style comfort food and famous chicken & waffles, and Top Chef star Nyesha Arrington’s Native, which delivers fresh California-inspired cuisine.
Favorites among Angelenos include, Alfred, which will serve innovative coffee and tea drinks, and the popular mission-based bakery Homeboy, featuring fresh handmade sandwiches, baked goods and express checkout. Jamba will offer on-the-go freshly blended smoothies and bowls. These restaurants will provide guests with more choices for dine-in options and faster service using the latest technology for mobile pickup and delivery via LAXOrderNow.com.
Retail offerings will provide the latest in travel essentials, unique gifts and electronics with brands including Evolve by Hudson, Hudson Nonstop, A/K Boulevard and InMotion.
Featuring Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology, Hudson Nonstop gives guests the convenience and speed of paying for their purchases without having to stop at a checkout. Customers simply enter their credit card or hover their palm to enter the store, pick up their must-have travel essentials and exit the store, providing a contactless shopping experience. An Amazon account isn’t necessary to shop at Hudson Nonstop. Terminal 3 guests can also experience Gameway, a premier video gaming and entertainment lounge offering personal gaming stations in a relaxed setting.
“Los Angeles is a world-class dining and shopping destination, and we are thrilled that the new Terminal 3 concessions will provide our guests an innovative restaurant and retail experience on par with the offerings of our great city,” said Justin Erbacci, Chief Executive Officer, LAWA.
“In partnership with URW and Delta, we have brought together a diverse collection of brands, while creating opportunities for small- and minority-owned businesses to operate at the airport.”
The ten new restaurant and retail concessions are part of LAWA and Delta’s $2.3 billion-dollar modernization project to consolidate Terminals 2 and 3. Set to be completed in 2023, the 1.2-million-square-foot, 27-gate complex will provide an easy-to-navigate customer journey as well as airside connection to the Tom Bradley International Terminal. A phased opening of the new concessions began earlier this summer with Gameway, Homeboy and A/K Boulevard. The remainder of the concessions are expected to open by summer of 2023.
As part of LAWA’s commitment to diversifying the airport concessions environment, each concession opening in Terminal 3 includes at least one Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) partner, bringing the total minority business participation to more than 35% across the 10 new units. Certified ACDBE firms must meet eligibility standards established by the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), including ownership of at least 51% by a socially or economically disadvantaged individual and management, and daily business operations controlled by at least one of the socially and economically disadvantaged owners.
“We’re excited to deliver the high-quality experience that airport guests expect while strengthening our commitment to our local businesses and communities,” said Mike Salzman, Executive Vice President of Airports, URW. “This lineup proves that you can deliver a fresh, innovative and customer-driven experience while achieving our collective goals of greater principal ownership by minority and female entrepreneurs.”
- Chicken + Beer: Southern-style comfort food and famous chicken & waffles from Ludacris and Jackmont Hospitality.
- Native: Top Chef Nyesha Arrington infuses her Korean heritage into this hyper-local brand offering a relaxing sit-down environment.
- Alfred: A local LA favorite offering innovative drinks including coffee during the day and a beer, wine and cocktail menu in the evening.
- Homeboy: Food and beverage offerings that also give back to society in an impactful way. Homeboy Industries’ mission is to provide hope, training and support to formerly gang-involved, and previously incarcerated men and women.
- Jamba: Global leader serving on-the-go freshly blended smoothies, bowls and freshly squeezed juices.
- Gameway: The premier video gaming entertainment lounge offering personal gaming stations and a retro-gaming bar providing a place to relax, eat and drink.
- Hudson Nonstop: Offering a selection of grab-and-go items, snacks and beverages, and the latest in travel essentials with no checkout required. Powered by Amazon’s Just Walk Out technology and Amazon One, guests insert a credit card or hover their palm over the Amazon One device, walk in, pick up their items and then exit, all without stopping to pay.
- InMotion: Keeps travelers connected by offering consumer electronic products and accessories from Apple, Beats, Bose, JBL, Belkin, Samsung, Samsonite and Sony.
- Evolve by Hudson: Brings together national and local brands with the best of travel essentials. At LAX, travelers will find shop-in-shops including fan-favorite local products in a “CRAFTED At The Port Of Los Angeles” section.
- A/K Boulevard: Offering travelers an exciting variety of books, travel essentials, snacks, local apothecary goods, LA-made products and more.
All images credited to Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield Airports/Mike SALZMAN