STG Aerospace is delighted to simultaneously announce the launch of the latest version of their liTeMood® LED lighting system for Airbus A320 and A330 aircraft, along with the first 2 launch customers – Small Planet Airlines and XL Airways France who will upgrade their A320/A321 and A330 fleets later this month respectively.
The dynamic and configurable full colour, plug-and-play, programmable retrofit lighting solution sets the scene in an instant and can be customised to any scene or scenario, helping create a unique experience that passengers won’t want to forget.
Marcus Williams, Director of Global Sales at STG Aerospace, highlighted: “Our liTeMood® retrofit LED system has revolutionised the way airlines with Boeing 737 and 757 aircraft can accomplish a LED lighting upgrade since 2014. We are now delighted to announce the availability of our next-generation system for the Airbus A320FAM, A330 and A340 fleets along with the first 2 of our launch customers, and for the first time offering a full colour, fully programmable solution.”
An extension of the proven feel and performance of STG Aerospace’s liTeMood®, the unique Airbus system offers fully customisable, animated scenes that can change post installation in just minutes via a patented infrared wand. As well as the choice of selection from over 16 million colours, the system offers the ability to incorporate bespoke scenes, from northern lights to sunrise and sunsets to more unique settings to celebrate national holidays.
Mr Kristijonas Kaikaris, the CEO of Small Planet Airlines, commented: “As an airline we strive to offer a world of infinite possibilities and improvements. By installing this system on our A320 aircraft it will assist us in our mission of delivering that world and help us personalise the way we interact with our passengers.”
Mr Fachinetti, Vice-President of Maintenance and Engineering at XL Airways France, added: “The latest innovation from liTeMood® allows us to create individual mood lighting scenarios to foster well-being for passengers through every phase of the flight, we’re delighted to be one of the first customers to offer this major enhancement to the passenger experience.”
Available for retrofit on single and twin aisle Airbus aircraft, the cost-effective power saving system works with both classic and enhanced CIDS, installed in under 6 hours (A320) and requires no changes to aircraft wiring or control systems.
The new liTeMood® full colour system will be on display inside a full-size Airbus cabin simulator at Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg on STG Aerospace’s stand (Hall B6 – 6E100).
ABOUT STG Aerospace
- Established in 1995, STG Aerospace is an award-winning, world leader in aircraft cabin lighting technologies. Its products are currently installed in over 11,000 aircraft worldwide representing one third of the world’s passenger fleet.
- The company’s product range includes:
- saf-Tglo® – the pioneering and market-leading photoluminescent emergency floor path system.
- saf-Tsign® – the leading brand of photoluminescent emergency and informational signage developed for commercial and military fixed-wing and rotary aircraft.
- liTeMood® – an LED lighting range designed specifically to retrofit commercial aircraft cabins, including a plug-and-play, programmable, mood lighting system together with ancillary cabin lighting products.
- STG Aerospace has won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise four times, a Boeing Best Performance Excellence Award eight times, the 2016 APEX Award for Best Cabin Innovation, the 2017 PAX International Readership Award for Best Cabin Interior Enhancement and, together with SpiceJet, the 2017 Inflight Asia-Pacific Award in the Interior Retrofit Project category.
- Counting hundreds of airlines, lessors and MROs among its customers, STG Aerospace is also a supplier to aircraft OEMs, including Boeing, Embraer, BAE Systems, Fokker and Saab.
- Privately-owned, STG Aerospace has its Headquarters and UK manufacturing facilities in Norwich, an innovation and engineering centre in Wales, and an office with further manufacturing facilities in Miami serving the US market. The company also has an official presence in China with a Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) based in Shanghai, STG Aerospace (China) Co., Ltd.