Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is bringing a deeper level of visibility into airlines’ operating environments with its newest integrated service, GoDirect Flight Efficiency.
The offering — part of an extensive family of GoDirect flight-related services — allows airlines to make strategic decisions on flight operations and planning by amassing all flight variables into one place, including flight plans, weather, navigation charts, aircraft performance, optimized fuel usage and more. This powerful new tool from Honeywell provides up-to-date information to airlines and pilots for informed decision-making during all phases of flight. For airlines and passengers, the result is fewer turbulent flights that more often arrive on time and use less fuel.
“Based on customer feedback, having access to one location where all data is stored — reviewed and available when needed — is invaluable in making informed flight and operations decisions,” said Michael Edmonds, president, Services & Connectivity, Honeywell Aerospace. “GoDirect Flight Efficiency allows airline operators to do just that. For example, pilots are able to view shortcut routes during flight and receive recommendations on climb speeds and cruise altitudes to save fuel. Maintainers can also more closely monitor aircraft performance based on specific airports and flight paths. No other company can offer this depth of service to improve flight operations.”
GoDirect Flight Efficiency features a suite of integrated offerings that includes Honeywell’s flight data analytics platform and trajectory optimization tools. Together these tools provide a one-stop shop for operators to make strategic decisions on what to adjust during day-to-day operations. Suitable for all airlines, the solution can scale from the smallest regional carriers to the largest global fleets. Airlines using the service have experienced fuel savings up to 5 percent, and have been able to reduce short-haul flights by an average of 1.1 nautical miles and long-haul flights by an average of 3.5 nautical miles.
GoDirect Flight Efficiency Helps Airlines Make Real-Time Decisions on Operations
Here are the areas where the GoDirect Flight Efficiency service can help operators and pilots streamline operations and increase flight comfort, efficiency and savings:
- Efficient flight paths: Pilots can view historical flight trajectories from an airline to request shortcuts in real time, even when in flight. Airlines can also home in on opportunities for savings by evaluating airports where atypical takeoff and landing procedures result in higher-than-average fuel burn.
- Historical information on airports: The service allows pilots to request best practices for flying into and out of an airport and typical holding patterns, which are especially useful when flying into unfamiliar locations. The service also allows the pilot to make decisions on standard fuel-saving initiatives, such as using a single engine to taxi out to the runway.
- Adjusting for changing variables: Airlines create flight plans based on information around winds and temperatures that can change from the time the plan is made to the time it is executed. GoDirect Flight Efficiency allows pilots and operators to avoid turbulence by adjusting the altitude of the flight plan based on current information, which is also crucial in fuel planning.
GoDirect Flight Efficiency is part of Honeywell’s GoDirect family, which is the industry’s most complete portfolio of more than 50 value-adding aviation services and applications that provides operators, flight crews and maintenance teams with critical information to manage their services and network. All GoDirect Flight Service customers have access to GoDirect Flight Bag Pro, an electronic flight bag application from Honeywell.
The GoDirect service is currently available for purchase on a subscription basis that can be scaled to the size of any airline’s needs and budget.
- Learn more about Honeywell GoDirect Flight Efficiency
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.