Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CIT), a division of Carlisle Companies (CSL), is pleased to announce it has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approval for the amendment to FAA supplemental type certificate (STC) ST04334CH.
This STC provides for the installation and activation of an ARINC 791 SATCOM Antenna System on the Airbus 319, 320, and 321 series aircraft.
CIT’s ARNIC 791 universal installation solutions promote standardized installation, easier maintenance inspections and overall lower cost of ownership while maintaining top-of-the-line, in-flight connectivity.
This amendment adds five new configurations inclusive of the existing design data, equipment, and installation kits to provide installation flexibility for the Honeywell JetWave Ka SATCOM System. The system provisions have been re-structured to support adaptation to specific MRO, integrator or operator needs.
Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) installed under this STC include the following:
- Fuselage Mounted Antenna (FMA): A mechanically steered Ka-Band antenna that includes electromagnetic sensors to detect movement of the platform.
- Ka-Band Radio Frequency Unit (KRFU): A block up converter to transmit RF frequencies to Ka-Band frequencies and high-power amplifier to increase signal strength for the antenna.
- Ka-Band Aircraft Network Data Unit (KANDU): A device that receives commands from the MODMAN via ethernet to configure the FMA and KRFU and reports status over this ethernet interface. It also provides power and control to the FMA and control signals to the KRFU via interface.
- Modem Manager (MODMAN): An overall controller for the Ka-Band SATCOM System. It provides user interfaces to aircraft and passengers as well as controls KRFU, KANDU, and FMA via ethernet interface and discretes.
- Aircraft Personality Module (APM): A device which holds aircraft specific configuration data for the Ka-Band SATCOM System.
About Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CIT) is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire and cable, including optical fiber. Having started operations in 1940, the company has grown its product portfolio to include specialty and filtered connectors, contacts, integrated systems and cable assemblies, complex harnesses, racks, avionics trays, and installation kits. In addition to its vast product breadth, CIT provides consumers with a higher level of support by offering engineering and certification services for the demanding environments of the commercial aerospace, military and defense electronics, industrial, test and measurement, and medical industries. For more information, please visit www.carlisleit.com.