Ideal for emergency, informational and custom signs, the unique and patented saf-Tsign® blu design combines top-class cabin aesthetics with an absolute focus on clarity and safety. Further benefits include minimal maintenance and operational costs.
Dr Sean O’Kell, STG Aerospace Business Unit Director, says: “We’re really excited to be launching the world’s first flexible blue-glowing aircraft signage and cabin marking option. It’s not something you can announce every day. We are already talking to many major carriers about the extensive capability offering of saf-Tsign® blu, looking at everything from seat markings and row numbers to galley and washroom signs.”
saf-Tsign® blu builds on STG Aerospace’s proven, market-leading saf-Tsign® range of easy-to-install, environmentally friendly, non-powered photoluminescent signage, available for all aircraft types.
O’Kell continues: “With the new saf-Tsign® blu, we’re expanding our portfolio, building on our traditional green-glowing signage to add a cool and soothing blue look. Blue signage will also be more ‘on-brand’ than green signage for many airlines and can be easily tailored to match airlines’ CMF palettes.
“Photoluminescent signs – in simple terms, ‘glow-in-the-dark’ signs – are 100% fail-safe with no running costs, which makes them perfect for commercial and military aerospace use. saf-Tsign® blu signs, for example, are fully charged by cabin lighting in minutes. The look and operation of this new product line beautifully combines our design and engineering expertise.
“Blue is a very calming and aesthetically pleasing colour,” adds O’Kell. “It’s relaxing and refreshing, with an output that won’t disrupt passengers in a darkened cabin. Naturally, therefore, it’s a colour we love and we already offer a blue setting for our liTeMood® cabin lighting system and saf-Tglo blu FPM systems. This way we can offer a cohesive cabin aesthetic to customers.
About STG Aerospace
- Established in 1995, STG Aerospace is an award-winning, world leader in aircraft cabin lighting technologies. Its products are currently installed in over 11,000 aircraft worldwide representing one third of the world’s passenger fleet.
- The company’s product range includes:
- saf-Tglo®, the pioneering and market-leading photoluminescent emergency floor path system
- saf-Tsign®, the leading brand of photoluminescent emergency and informational signage developed for commercial and military fixed-wing and rotary aircraft
- liTeMood®, an LED lighting range designed specifically to retrofit commercial aircraft cabins, including a plug-and-play, programmable, mood lighting system together with ancillary cabin lighting products.
- STG Aerospace has won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise four times, a Boeing Best Performance Excellence Award eight times, the 2016 APEX Award for Best Cabin Innovation, the 2017 PAX International Readership Award for Best Cabin Interior Enhancement and, together with SpiceJet, the 2017 Inflight Asia-Pacific Award in the Interior Retrofit Project category.
- Counting hundreds of airlines, lessors and MROs among its customers, STG Aerospace is also a supplier to aircraft OEMs, including Boeing, Embraer, BAE Systems, Fokker and Saab.
- Privately owned, STG Aerospace has its Headquarters and UK manufacturing facilities and a Research and Development centre in Wales (UK) and an office with further manufacturing facilities in Miami serving the US market. The company also has an official presence in China with a Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) based in Beijing, STG Aerospace (China) Co., Ltd.