Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT), a division of Carlisle Companies (CSL), launched the Adjustable Keeper with Mounting Block as an upgrade to its NAS1637 Adjustable Keeper. The new version of the product includes upgraded materials and finishes and other additional features that exceed the performance and user experience of built-to-spec NAS1637 keepers.
The design includes a mounting block that allows for installation on standard ARINC 404 trays while maximizing the adjustment range of the keeper.
“When we looked at the existing keepers in the market, we knew that the quality and consistency weren’t up to our expectations and wouldn’t support our customers’ needs for retaining Line Replaceable Units in ARINC 404-style trays. That is why we are excited to launch this new NAS1637 Adjustable Keeper, which exceeds the NAS1637 specification and improves our customer’s experience,” said Todd Canavan, product line manager at CarlisleIT. “Built with better materials and designed for easy and accurate installation and adjustment, this product truly embodies the CarlisleIT vision of ‘Performance with Purpose.’”
Features and benefits include:
- Structural anodized aluminum construction, providing minimal concerns for galvanic corrosion compared to the to-spec design.
- Lockwire holes, which allow for use of .032″ diameter lock wire to prevent rotation of assembly when LRU is not installed.
- Free-running screw thread inserts for greatly improved user experience when adjusting length of product in the field.
- O-ring to prevent accidental disassembly of product before it is installed.
- An adjustable length that allows for a larger adjustment range than the to-spec NAS1637 adjustable keeper (1.55″ – 1.925″).
About Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT) is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire and cable, including optical fiber. Since its inception in 1940, the company has grown its product portfolio to include specialty and filtered connectors, contacts, integrated systems and cable assemblies, complex harnesses, racks, avionics trays, and installation kits. In addition to its vast product breadth, CarlisleIT provides customers with a higher level of support by offering engineering and certification services for the demanding environments of the commercial aerospace, military and defense electronics, industrial, test and measurement, and medical industries.
Featured image credited to CarlisleIT