Routehappy, the rich content platform for shopping, today announced it has expanded its agreement with Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE), one of the world’s largest travel companies. Expedia, Inc. brands such as Expedia.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and Egencia already sit at the forefront of flight merchandising, with the successful use of Routehappy’s Scores & Amenities API. Now, the company will further enrich flight shopping results for millions of consumers by integrating rich content – UPAs (Universal Product Attributes) and UTAs (Universal Ticket Attributes) – via the Routehappy Hub API.
Expedia, Inc. brands such as Expedia.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and Egencia optimize performance through successive testing of Routehappy Scores & Amenities, which displays flight amenities such as Wi-Fi, Entertainment, and Food, alongside Routehappy’s objective flight scores. This gives consumers the information needed to quickly make the best flight choice. With the expanded agreement, Expedia will prioritize the additional integration of Routehappy Hub UPAs and UTAs.
UPA is a standardized rich content format developed by Routehappy. It allows sales channels to display hyper-relevant information about airline products and services, including personalized descriptions, photos, videos, and cabin tours. UTA is another Routehappy rich content format that transforms ATPCO and airline raw data into consumer-friendly information about airline fare benefits and restrictions, including seat selection, baggage allowance, and boarding priority. These advanced rich content tools from Routehappy give airlines a targeted way to tell their product stories; and provide a rich, comprehensive, and more informed shopping experience for flyers.
“Continuous innovation of our flight shopping experience is critical not only to consumers but our airline partners too. Working with Routehappy makes perfect sense, as we share the same goal of helping flight shoppers search and book flights with confidence,” said Greg Schulze, Senior Vice President, Expedia, Inc.
Expedia plans to launch Routehappy’s UPA and UTA products in the near future. In the meantime, consumers will continue to benefit from Routehappy’s Scores & Amenities while the new integration is in development on Expedia, Inc. brand sites.
“Routehappy rich content infrastructure supports innovative airlines, distributors, and platforms across the globe that want to transform flight shopping. The commitment Expedia is making to modernize the flight shopping experience, making it more transparent, compelling, and differentiated for both consumers and airlines is helping drive the industry forward,” said Robert Albert, CEO of Routehappy. “Airlines are thrilled that Expedia, one of their most important sales channels, will be integrating their rich content UPAs and UTAs from Routehappy Hub. It enables them to merchandise their differentiated product attributes while providing consumers a better shopping experience.”
The expanded agreement and upcoming Routehappy Hub integration by Expedia, Inc. follows successful integrations with many other respected travel partners. To see the current Expedia, Inc. integration of Routehappy Scores & Amenities, visit www.routehappy.com/use-cases/expedia/0
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full-service online travel brand with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a leading global lodging expert operating 90 localized websites in 41 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of hundreds of leading airlines, travel agencies, loyalty and corporate travel companies plus several top consumer brands through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO®, VacationRentals.com® and BedandBreakfast.com® brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Orbitz® and CheapTickets®, leading U.S. travel websites, as well as ebookers®, a full-service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer First Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds creative media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in over a thousand destinations worldwide
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 240 retail travel agency franchises across North America
- SilverRail Technologies, Inc., provider of a global rail retail and distribution platform connecting rail carriers and suppliers to both online and offline travel distributors
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2017 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50
Routehappy powers rich content for flight shopping, helping airlines and distributors differentiate and better monetize their products. Routehappy’s Scores & Amenities API provides flight scores and cabin amenity data, including aircraft, seat, layout, entertainment, Wi-Fi, power, fresh food and relative duration. Routehappy Hub is a cloud-based platform that helps airlines create, manage and distribute targeted product and ticket attribute content, in standardized formats UPA (Universal Product Attribute) and UTA (Universal Ticket Attribute) wherever flights are displayed. Routehappy is based in New York, serving airlines and distributors worldwide. For more information, visit www.routehappy.com. To see Routehappy rich content in action, visit www.routehappy.com/use-cases.
Featured image credited to istock.com/JakeOlimb