In this episode of #PaxEx Minute, RGN contributing editor John Walton discusses the soft and hard product on United’s first Boeing 777-300ER, which features the new Polaris business class seat and 10-abreast economy class configuration. Plus, he considers if Lufthansa has missed a trick for business class on the A350, and what airlines can learn from Australia’s Indian Pacific rail.
- Polaris is peachy on United 777, but coach class crush is real
- Business class problems: stowing the softest soft product
- Lufthansa’s commodity product challenge considered
- Lufthansa’s mediocre business class problem bites on the A350
- What airlines can learn from Australia’s Indian Pacific transcon train
Images and video: Jason Rabinowitz @AirlineFlyer, David Parker Brown @AirlineReporter, United, Lufthansa, John Walton