American Airlines began filling its seatbacks with American Way — launched as The American Way — in 1966. Since then, the inflight magazine has been a ubiquitous presence on our aircraft, with thoughtful perspectives and cultural, lifestyle or travel-related feature articles.
The magazine will retire at the end of June 2021 and it will be bittersweet. However, thanks to free inflight entertainment, customers will have plenty of entertaining options to tap into during their journeys.
While the last issue of American Way, published by global travel media company Ink, is on planes now, American has been focused on enhancing its inflight offerings to give customers the content they want most — and there is something for everyone:
- A library of up to 600 movies and TV shows
- A collection of more than 150 creative, productivity or language classes on American’s new Lifestyle inflight entertainment channel featuring Rosetta Stone and Skillshare content
- Customers may continue to view entertaining travel content created in partnership with Ink
- Wide range of kids’ content with new releases and classics, as well as options for our youngest travelers provided by BabyFirst and StoryBots
- Live music and concert performances from top venues such as Austin City Limits
- Meditation and relaxation exercises from Calm, a leader in content that helps users relax, sleep or become more mindful
Coming soon, American will introduce new inflight offerings to inspire the wanderlust and provide even more ways to connect with family and friends while flying at 35,000 feet.
Customers can stream on their phone, tablet or laptop. Simply enable airplane mode and connect to the “AA-Inflight” signal. From there, the entertainment can be accessed from aainflight.com.
In addition to providing customers with more of what they want, this change will also eliminate some paper waste and reduce weight on our aircraft. We’re always looking for ways to reduce, reuse and recycle in our operation, and we welcome opportunities to take even small steps in the right direction.
About American Airlines Group
American’s purpose is to care for people on life’s journey. Shares of American Airlines Group Inc. trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol AAL and the company’s stock is included in the S&P 500.
Featured image credited to American Airlines