Astronics Corporation, a leading provider of advanced technologies for the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries, announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Astronics AeroSat, recently received FAA certification of its next generation FliteStream® F-310 satellite communications (SATCOM) connectivity system and its new ARINC 791 style AeroShield™ radome and adapter plate solution. Further data is available in FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) ST04093CH.
According to Matt Harrah, President of Astronics AeroSat, “We are excited to announce the completion of our FAA STC covering the AeroShield low-drag radome and FliteStream F-Series systems on Boeing 737-800/900/900ER aircraft. This initial certification enables Astronics to offer our global customer base a total wireless connectivity hardware solution that includes installation plus all structural, antenna and radome system components.”
With industry-leading technical performance across the globe, including the most highly traveled routes between Asia, the Americas and Europe, Astronics AeroSat’s proven fuselage-mounted antenna systems are ready to improve the passenger connectivity experience.
“This FAA STC, along with the in-process European EASA STC & China CAAC vSTC validations plus the near term A320-family STC, will provide global opportunities for airline operators and passengers to experience the benefits of our FliteStream & AeroShield connectivity solutions,” Harrah continued.
About the FliteStream F-310 Satellite Connectivity System
Astronics AeroSat’s FliteStream solutions are the only products available with patented lens-horn technology, which creates the most efficient, reliable and highest-performing SATCOM antenna system available. The FliteStream F-310 integrates next-generation satellite modem technology and is compatible with next generation Ku-band high throughput satellites (HTS), providing maximum internet and data speeds in a single antenna.
Key features include:
- Seamless connectivity for passengers to browse the internet, send and receive emails, make calls using Voice-Over-IP (VoIP), access virtual private network (VPN) services, conduct video conferences, and enjoy favorite work or entertainment applications
- Most efficient Ku-band SATCOM antenna system, critical for maintaining low angle satellite coverage while flying at higher latitudes, where most flights occur
- A three-piece LRU system: antenna, antenna controller & modem, and high power transceiver
- Compliance with RTCA DO-160 and RTCA DO-178
About the AeroShield ARINC 791 Style Radome & Adapter Plate System
Astronics AeroSat’s AeroShield radome and adapter plate solution is the only next-generation ARINC 791 style solution that provides optimal Ku-band performance combined with the lowest drag design, while meeting all FAA & EASA bird strike safety requirements.
Key features include:
- Aerodynamic shape to reduce drag and increase fuel savings
- FAA & EASA bird strike compliance for large radome installations, to reduce certification time and cost
- Sealing robustness against fluid intrusion from water, ice, deicing fluids and other environmental conditions
- Advanced aluminum adapter plate design to minimize total IFC system weight
- Connectivity systems commonality & interchangeability across entire fleets
ABOUT ASTRONICS CORPORATION
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ:ATRO) serves the world’s aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. Astronics works side-by-side with customers, integrating its array of power, connectivity, lighting, structures, interiors, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, Astronics has delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today, global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers and Fortune 500 manufacturing organizations rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics. For more information on Astronics and its solutions, visit Astronics.com.